The Backroad Mapbook Series is Canada's guide to the outdoors. We pride ourselves on providing up-to-date topographic maps and outdoor recreation descriptions needed to get you outdoors safely and confidently. We have Backroad maps for all of Canada in a variety of formats including our very popular mapbooks, PDF books, digital maps, GPS maps and TOPO maps.
Here are a few features that make our mapbooks such a hit:
Backroad Mapbook Highlights:
- Complete area topographic map coverage at better scales (150,000–250,000 depending on the province and region)
- Extensive logging, industry and bush road coverage detailing road systems not found on most other maps
- Labeled backcountry roads and recreational features
- Trail systems, including defined ATV, snowmobile & multi-use trails
- Paddling routes with access points and portages marked
- Parks, protected and natural areas clearly labeled with symbols showcasing the main activities or amenities
- Recreation sites, conservation areas and regional park systems labeled and symboled
- Wildlife Management Unit boundaries for anglers and hunters
- Elevation relief shading with labeled contours to highlight mountains and river valleys
- UTM Grids along with latitude and longitude bearings
- Ontario Crown and Private/Restricted Land identified
- Alberta and Manitoba township grids
- Descriptions or write-ups on Backroad Attractions, Fishing (lakes, streams & ocean), Hunting, Paddling (lake, river & ocean), Parks and Recreation Sites, Trails (hiking, biking, ATV & multi-use), Wildlife Viewing, Winter Recreation (cross-country ski, downhill ski, snowshoe & snowmobile)
- And much, much more
BC mapbooks feature up to date forest service roads and trail systems along with unique British Columbia features like BC recreation sites, natural hot springs, big trees and ocean based activities. BC Backroad map areas include Vancouver Island, Cariboo Chilcotin, Kootenay Rockies, Northern BC, Thompson Okanagan and Vancouver Coast.
Alberta and the Prairie mapbooks showcase up to date oil & gas roads and trail systems along with unique features like Off Highway Vehicle areas, Alberta recreation areas and those famed national parks. Alberta Backroad Mapbook areas include Canadian Rockies, Central Alberta, Northern Alberta and Southern Alberta. Further east we have Southern Saskatchewan and all of Manitoba backroad maps.
Ontario and eastern Canada mapbooks highlight Ontario forest roads and trail systems along with unique features like snowmobile routes, Ontario Conservation Areas and Maritime beaches. Ontario Backroad Mapbooks include Cottage Country Ontario, Eastern Ontario, Northeastern Ontario, Northwestern Ontario and Southwestern Ontario. In Quebec we have Southwestern Quebec and the Montreal Laurentians. We also cover all of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and PEI with Backroad maps.
The Backroad Mapbooks come in Print & PDF book versions. See side bar for details.