Get information that is specific to your Backroad GPS Maps product. You can navigate by choosing one of the main categories below, via our Quick Links on the side or click on the FAQ questions below to see the answers.
Top 5 FAQs
1. I can't see backcountry roads. The detail shown is not very high?
- Make sure the SD card is inserted properly into the GPS unit and is being read by the GPS unit. Go to "Setup" >> "Map" >> "Map Information Select Map" >> ensure Backroad GPS Maps is enabled.
- Make sure the detail level is in a propper setting. Go to "Setup" >> "Map" >> "Advanced Map Setup, Text Size, Zoom Level" >> "Detail" >> ensure it is set at least to "Normal", we recommend "More" or "Most".
- Make sure the profile is set to recommend "Recreation" (Marine profile inhibits display of full features). Go to "Profile Change" >> select an appropriate profile for your prefered use.
- In some cases map feature have not been displayed properly. Changing the profile, viewing the map in the new profile and then changing back to the previous profile solved that issue.
2. Can not download/where can I download the computer maps?
- In order to download the computer version of our Backroad GPS Maps your GPS Maps must be registered in your User Account on our website. Once your GPS Maps are registered you have 90 days to download the computer version as often as you wish.
- In your User Account go to "Check My Registered Products" >> "Computer Downloads" >> select the appropriate computer maps to download and save them to your computer.
3. How to update/restore/transfer maps on SD card?
- Ensure you have the latest version of our Backroad GPS Maps installed on your computer. Check that your SD card contains a Garmin folder and a file named "GMAPSUPP.UNL" within it.
- Create a folder named POI within the Garmin folder (unless the file does exist already. Log into your User Account on our website, download the Backroads POI file to your computer, then copy the file into the POI folder on your SD card. Start BaseCamp/MapSource/MapInstall and transfer the desired map tiles to your SD card.
4. How to unlock computer maps?
Log into your User Account on our website and have access to your Unlock Key.
PC users: start BaseCamp/MapSource, skip the Unlock Wizard. In the menu bar go to "Tools"/Utilities" >> "Manage Map Products" >> "Unlock Regions" >> "Add..." >> insert your 25 character Unlock Key (case sensitive) >> press "OK". Your maps are ready to be used on your PC.
Mac users: start BaseCamp/RoadTrip. In the menu bar go to "Maps"/"Unlock" >> "Edit Unlock Codes..." >> press "Add" >> insert your 25 character Unlock Key (case sensitive) >> press "Enter" on your keyboard. Your maps are ready to be used on your Mac.
5. Cannot log into my User Account?
- Make sure you use the correct email address to log into your account.
- Be aware that the password is case sensitive.
- If you forgot your password, simply click on the link "Forgot Password". Insert your email address you used to register your account with and submit. A temporary password will be send to your email. Make sure to check the email filter as this email can end up in your junk mail folder. Use the temporary password to log into your User Account.
- We recommend to change the temporary password to a more secure one after you successfully logged in.